Candle Care and Safety
Introducing one of our luxury candles to your home is a magnificent way to add a relaxing atmosphere. To get the best use from your luxury candle and wax melts and to use them safely, please follow our simple guidelines below.
Proper Candle Care
- Trim the wick to 5-10mm before each use as this will help prevent soot and extend the life of the candle.
- To do this safely and to prevent soot from falling into your luxury candle, use one of our wick trimmers.
- Never blow out your luxury candle - it can send sparks and hot wax splashing. Use the candle lid to snuff it out.
- Once the wick is down to 5mm, cease use of your candle. We recommend keeping the vessel to reuse - for great ideas view our blog post.
- On the first burn make sure you burn your candle long enough to form an even melt pool to the edge of the vessel, to avoid tunnelling.
- Burn your luxury candle for no more than 4 hours at a time.
- Always put candles on a heat resistant surface.
- Your luxury candle needs to be stable, so it won’t fall over.
- Don’t put your luxury candles near curtains or other fabrics – or furniture. And keep them away from draughts.
- Don’t put them under shelves. If you put it under a low shelf or surface then it has the potential to burn the surface. Make sure there’s at least one metre between a candle and any surface above it.
- Keep clothes and hair away from your luxury candle.
- Your luxury candle should be kept out of reach of children and pets.
- Keep candles apart. Leave at least 10cm between two burning candles.
- Don’t move them when they’re burning. Extinguish candles before moving them.
- Don’t let anything fall into the hot wax like match sticks.
- Don’t leave them burning. Extinguish candles before you leave a room.
- Never go to sleep with a candle still burning.